Friday, 29 July 2011

Algo beber? Chá ou água? Algo mais?

That was today's conversation. Most of the morning has been spent in chatting (kind of!!) to various people who have passed my door. I successfully asked Alzira and Alvena (think that's how you spell it) if they would like a drink?
It was quite amusing but I did successfully get the right drink to the right person. My role here is definitely one of support and encouraging. I never thought that my skills and interests could ever really be used outside my job. See the network course is helpful, Ian was right!

Today is dia da lavagem - wash day. I don't know if I've got the right verb but today everything get's cleaned and washed. I have been warned to make sure that everything is ironed because a little fly likes to lay it's eggs in damp clothes which the hatch out and the lavae bury under the skin - eek!! So advice is to iron the clothes (guess it cooks the eggs!!) and then don't use them for about 48 hrs - nice!

I'm also creating resources for each of the year groups for the curriculum and saving them on the PC. Hopefully, I'm also going to be writing an outline scheme of work for them. Fortunately, it's another nice day, so I'll do a bit then when I'm fed up looking at the screen I can take a walk.

I missed the CFM, my apologies! It's good to know that I'm not forgotten :( poor me - lol

As I sit here I can see Cooper (golden labrador) chasing the gardiner up and down and he mows the grass. One way of getting some exercise. He needs it, he is chubby. There's another dog, Chesser a Rhodesian Ridgeback, also a little chubby because all the children feed her snacks! We also have cat, Felix, a ginger tom. I haven't made him out yet, he looks as though he could be grumpy.

Good get your blogs - need to go and do some work.

XXX

3 comments:

  1. Trying to call your mobile but I have no idea who it is when it picks up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was just about to start the ironing - but mine is only to get the creases out!!!
    Keep smiling. xx
    Sue & Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having lots of trouble doing this so if you get the same message hundreds of times I'm sorry. Don't like the sound of wash day for you, but it does sound as though you are encouraging people. Keep up the good work, looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back, love Susan x

    ReplyDelete