Tuesday, 26 July 2011

Tuesday

Hi,
I only partly raised the dead - 2 out of 3 computers. On the whole I didn't have to do too much.The dead one is staying dead. For those geeky people reading this - it was a pentium II, 512K. Does anybody remember those days?
An interesting challenge - fixing the computers, the dos screen was in English but when I got into Windows all the error messages were in Portuguese. Eh!! I did pray that we didn't have a power cut else that would have really confused me.

I did my little talk, which was ok, I got a marriage proposal! I don't think there's much of a future though. It would be a very short marriage - he was very old. Also, I'm not sure about the dowry! Here in Mozambique not only does the bride's family pay a dowry but they also have to bring gifts for the other family andhave big parties.

My ice-breaker will come tonight - waiting in anticipation!

It's cold here today, dark clouds and it's threatening to rain. I've been accused of bringing the English weather with me.

Reading some of the blog responses - I am a little concerned about the colour inside my house and people pictures will come soon.

Love
Ro

2 comments:

  1. Great pitures, looking forward to seeing and hearing more about what you get up to each day, and I am sure Jon will enjoying hearing all about the nerdy computer stuff.
    sounds like a fantastic challenge, looking forward to your next blog and prayer requests.
    Love Emma and Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Current husband here didn't think I'd have I'd had competition this soon....

    Did you know we still have a Pentium 2 in our house? Stephen's old desk top is a vintage machine from that era. I think I changed changed the chip set on it a couple of years ago. I'm surprised any current Microsoft stuff will work on anything that old.If you need some spares let me know.

    You'll be glad to know the conservatory colour has be selected and applied by your daughter. Looks rather nice..

    Off to France tomorrow, will see what state the house is like when I get back...

    Love

    Alan
    XXX

    ReplyDelete