Monday, 8 August 2011

Further reductions in the lizard population

Not sure how it happened – but this morning I was greeted with my second dead lizard. This time squashed in the front door!
Busy day today – Alzirar came to clean the house. More opportunities for me to make a fool of myself in Portuguese!! I don’t have to but I like trying to communicate.
I also had a visit from the electrician. Him, I didn’t try to talk to, far too dangerous. He was changing a ceiling light, from a strip light to a light with a fan, but without turning off the power!!  Standing on a step ladder playing with live wires – only in Mozambique!
Computer suite had its first test today with grade 7(ages 12/13) and grade 4 (aged 9/10) students today. I did some desk top publishing in the morning and surveys, charts etc in Excel in the afternoon. On the homeward stretch as far as the suite is concerned now. Just some issues to do with file sharing across the 3 operating systems. The rest should then be fairly cosmetic – cable ties, tidying bits away etc.
Currently reading Max Lucado, “when God whispers your name”. It’s very appropriate just now and very encouraging. Not quite as encouraging as the nick-name I’ve been given. Philip, some young whippersnapper calls me “the queen”. I hope it’s because I’m the only Englishman(woman) here. I shall have to start calling him the president, but I think he might quite like it.
Love to all you Soul Survivors – have a great time & don’t forget the welly boots.
Stephen, don’t forget to feed the cats!! Thank you for cleaning the car – enjoy it while you can, I’ll be home sooner than you think!

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you - sorry not been in touch - very busy week with holiday club - but a great week! Really good to hear computers up and running - Yes!!! God Bless. Sue & Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    The kids are all sort for soul survivor, promises to be a wet week unfortunately so we have packed the better tents.Had to dig out one of our's for George as his current offering has a hole in the lining. Its amazing what you can find in our loft. Glad to hear the the PC suite is coming together and your finally got to teach some kids.

    Off to France tomorrow until Thursday (there's a surprise. Stephen has promised to feed the cats and is enjoying your new toy...

    Love you.

    Alan XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. just glad I wont be doing the washing

    ReplyDelete