All computers in. Windows 7 can see the Vista computers, XP not tested yet.
Internet is working - in fact I'm blogging from one of the suites computers, but I don't understand the wiring!
The router has all cables connected, lights flashing appropriately. My problem comes whenI plug into the wall. The cable points are dual ports but only one of them coincidentally the leftmost is seen. If I use the rightmost or have two cables plugged in (left & right) I get the ethernet/cable unplugged error message from Windows.
If I plug into the leftmost port only I connect fine. I am using CAT5 cables.
What have I missed? Switch, cabling, router. I am now at the boundary of my knowledge.
Answers in detail please - make it idiot proof
Ro, I'm not an expert on this, but does this not suggest that only one of each of the dual port sockets has been wired up on the reverse side. Are you able to trace all the wiring?
ReplyDeleteTechie girl.....
ReplyDelete