That was my conversation with Naomi, a Mozambican who works here. I've achieved something - wahoo!!
You all want to know how my lifegroup/cell activity went here in Mozambique. You can check out the photographs.
Great fun.
I think the team here had a little insight into my true personality. So next time I offer to do something they know that it's going to be slightly different, and active. I'm not sure if they're ready for the pig or porco activity and the gingerbraed man story will definitely get me a wallop!
I missed you all yesterday. I kept thinking Tuesday evening what will they be doing? Knowing my life group it probably involved food!
It's really windy and cold here today, the leaves are blowing everywhere. It has to be sunny soon.
Yesterday when I was collecting sticks for my activity, Naomi became quite concerned. This poor white lady was having to collect sticks, was she not being looked after by the other missionaries? I'm not sure how it was explained to her, but I think my request for milk today has probably only confirmed to her that I'm poorly looked after. When in fact I think I'm going to go home 20lbs heavier!!
Today, once I've done this blog, I'm helping to prepare resources for the teacher Inset which will be good. It will also be a challenge to my "pedagogy" (it's ok its meant to be a scary word) because I will have to look at it from a different context and culture. It will also be without the technology. I wonder if I can get Ofsted points for doing this?
I slept a bit better last night which is answer to prayer. Not impressed with the cockerels here. Someone needs to tell them exactly what time dawn is. At the moment they're more like a cuckoo clock - with an hourly sing song throughout the night.
Regarding wildlife, we have bats. they're nesting in a gum tree just outside. One of the other missonaries (also a teacher) was seriously surprised that they do hang upside down.
I've got an answer to my (or rather Castle Point's) magotty food bin - a fire pit. There's no such thing as rubbish collectors here. I'm not sure what it's like in the city, but here people have fire pits and evrything is thrown into the fire pit. When you drive around, you can often see fires or charred earth where they have had fires and burnt their rubbish and there is a lot of rubbish about, more than you could imagine.
Anyway nearly lunchtime and I've got prep work to do.
Love
Ro


Hi Ro
ReplyDeleteLovely to read your posts and look at your photo's. Seems like you are having 'fun' on your adventure - loved the icebreaker! Things are busy here in run up to Holiday Club and the mission - we're shipping 5 big boxes ahead of us to USA tomorrow. Even though it is the school holidays it seems to be pretty busy. Also got Soul Survivor and the prep for my role as chief cook to get ready for! Like the idea of burning our rubbish to get rid of the maggots - the only problem with that is other people's smoke - we have a neighbour who lights up bonfires constantly throughout the summer and the smoke always comes in my windows usually on the hottest nights of the year when you really want to keep your windows open!! It's alright for him as it is a long way down the bottom of his garden but is right behind mine. Aargh!
Anyway I'm hoping that this comment is posted - I've tried numerous times today and it didn't seem to want to work.
Keeping you in prayer - love Alice and Dave
Hi Ro, you didn't miss anything as the life group had a night off last night and the weather has come out in sympathy with that in Mozambique. Well done for remembering your DOS - I can't remember touching that since the eighties! I expect Alan is glad you turned down your proposal - he would be skint! Feel sorry for those having to suffer the icebreakers - were we the guinea pigs? Ash has his Russian girlfriend staying with us at the moment - took her to his old haunts at Oxford on Saturday and finished up watching Comedy of Errors in a collerge gardens. She is a Shakespeare fanatic so we're off to Stratford-upon-Avon on Friday. I'm currently looking at getting 2 more PCs for TCC - wonder if we should go for the 512K's as well - will help the budget :) Alice would probably resign. All the best for the rest of your stay. God Bless John & Jenny
ReplyDeleteJohn - I would resign!!! Ha, ha!
ReplyDeleteHi. Ro
ReplyDeleteGreat to see the pics. More "ice-breakers" for life-group eh...ummm!!!! Pray all goes well with the computer suite - keep well. God Bless You.
Love Sue & Chris x
P.S. - Had trouble posting comment, hopefully sorted now!!!!